Monday 30 September 2013

Scrap Around The World Welcomes FOUR New Design Team Members!




Exciting news huh?!  Yup I have been busy, busy this month keeping things 
ticking over at Scrap Around The World as well as expanding our team! 
 We are taking over the world I tell ya!!  Haha!!!

 Well not exactly - but we do have some exciting news to share with you all today!
In no particular order I introduce you to our new Ambassadors!


Riikka Kovasin of Finland!!

Hello! I'm so thrilled & excited to join the amazing team of Scrap Around the World!
 I'm Riikka Kovasin - a Finnish mixed media style scrapbooker.
I'm happiest when I can combine my love of beautiful products with a chance to get messy!
 I live in Helsinki, the capital of Finland, with my husband & our two daughters.
My family is a constant source of inspiration & our 
daily life is the subject of many of my pages.
 I also love to create mini-albums, cards & canvases.
If you like my work you can see more from me on my blog HERE.
 & follow my other channels here:- Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
I am so thankful to be part of the new team at Scrap Around The World!!

Check out some of Riikka's very cool work!!





And also a double-pager from Riikka!
Don't forget you can enter our challenges with a double-page too!!


Riikka has been helping out behind the scenes for the last month & even managed
 to create a layout using our CURRENT MOOD BOARD for September - impressive!




Kim Ewins of Australia!!

Kim is joining us not only as an Ambassador but also as our 
Guest Design Team Co-ordinator
& will be responsible for compiling & publishing our Guest Design Team posts to our blog.




Hi! My name is Kim Ewins & I live in a city called Orange, 
 which is a 3-4 hour drive west of Sydney, Australia.
My husband, Roy and I have 8, (yep! 8!!) wonderful children together. 
They range in age from 23 down to 6 years of age, (5 sons & 3 daughters.) 
We recently found out we are to be grandparents early next year,
so that is very exciting……oh! The photos!!!
 I started scrapbooking about 6 months after the birth of my
last child in 2006 & now wish I had started so much earlier. 
 I am on four other amazing Design Teams:-
www.craftqueen.com.au,  www.scrapmatts.com
 {our 2013/14 permanent sponsor - woo hoo!!}
My style is along the grungy, shabby chic lines but I love to try new things & mix it up!
I love  working with neutrals & pastels & lately I have
started venturing into water colouring on my layouts.
I love texture, buttons, lace trim, machine stitching & tea dyed canvas. 
A huge THANK YOU to Helen for this wonderful opportunity - I am so excited to be here!
I would love for you to check out my blog HERE & join as a follower if you like my style!!

Here are some of Kim's beautiful layouts...




And here is Kim's interpretation of our CURRENT MOOD BOARD for September!



Carla Marchee of The Netherlands!!

Carla is joining us as our ART JOURNALLER!
So she will be inspiring you with a DOUBLE-PAGE SPREAD each month!!
 {yes you can enter with a double-page art journal spread too as long as 
it is a minimum single page size of 14 x 19cm (5.5 x 7.5 inches) per page}.



Hi!  My name is Carla Marchee!!
 I started scrapbooking seven years ago after discovering it online! 
I fell in love immediately & have always loved working
 with photographs, capturing life's beautiful moments.   
I am inspired everyday by my amazing children {two boys!!}
First came Scrapbooking then came Mixed Media & now I am EVEN MORE in love!
I have always had a passion for Art & beautiful things...now I get to combine
 them both together & I am happiest when I am doing so & love this hobby!!
Art Journalling provides me with the freedom to express my inner voice & I love
 to create art journal spreads, altered books & canvases as well as layouts.
I am so excited & honoured to have recently been invited by Helen
 to join her exciting new challenge blog as she discovered that I was
 looking for a new & exciting journey for my scrapbooking life.
I hope to inspire you & ignite your creative fires!! 
Please check out my blog HERE!!!

Here is Carla's interpretation of our CURRENT MOOD BOARD for September!






Di Garling of Australia!

Di is joining us not only as an Ambassador but also as our 
Guest Designer Co-ordinator
& will be responsible for liaison with our Guest Designers & Tutorial Contributors
going forward, as well as compiling & publishing their posts to our blog.


Hi there, my name is Di Garling & I live on the sunny east 
coast of Australia with my hubby & my little dog Tilly. 
I have two grown up sons & I am going to be a first time Grandmother in January! 
 I am so excited - I can't wait - just think of all those baby layouts!! 
  I started scrapbooking in 2005 & I am just as addicted now as I was way back then. 
I own a scrapbook store I started  in 2006 &  am currently on two other design teams -  
2 Crafty Chipboard & Green Tara {Flowers, etc}.
My style is a mix of eclectic & shabby with a modern twist!.
  I adore texture & colour & love using different mediums to create my backgrounds. 
Attention to detail is my motto. 
I would love for you to take a peek at my blog HERE.
 I would like to thank Helen for inviting me to join Scrap Around The World 
& I look forward to working with both her & her talented team.

Here is a small sampling of Di's incredible talent!!




So there you have it!!  More exciting developments going on at SCRAP AROUND THE WORLD!

Please take this opportunity to leave some comment love for our new Ambassadors!

{and our old ones too!} Remember that they work here for the ♥ of the game
 only- there is no remuneration for them but your sweet words which are like 
music to their ears :) as well as the sheer pleasure of being a part of 
something worthy & the joy of contributing their inspiration!  

So three cheers to ALL the Scrap Around The World Ambassadors 
THANK YOU in advance
 to our four new Ambassadors that I know will do us proud!!


18 comments:

Ava Gavloski said...

Wow, lovely creative designs from the new ladies. This is going to be an inspirational journey for everyone

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow such talented ladies.. love your creations!! Have fun in your new roles!

Eila Sandberg said...

So so very happy to welcome our new DT members to the SATW family! fabulous inspiration! xoxo

Helen Wallace said...

Warmest congratulations to Riikka, Kim, Carla and Di. Looking forward to seeing your inspirational Art :)

Val-Belle said...

Aw so cool... congratulations fab ladies... looking forward to lots of inspiration :D

Heather Jacob said...

congrats to each and every one of you .. cant wait to see all you creations xoox

zenevak said...

Four wonderful additions of amazing talent to your already awesome team! Congratulations to all!

juscrap said...

Hi girls! welcome our new DT members to the SATW! xoxo

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Congratulations Helen!! You have a wonderful bunch of outstanding talent! Look forward for Oct challenge :)

Unknown said...

Thank you I am enjoy and happy to be here sooooo exciting!!!

Unknown said...

what a fabulous team! So looking forward to everyone's contributions!

Salla said...

Congratulations to Riikka and the other fabulously creative ladies, I can't wait to see your work again next month!

Kim Ewins said...

Thank you for the warm welcome, ladies!!!
Very excited to be here. :)))

Keren Tamir said...

woohoo!! welcome girls!! so happy to have you here!!

Janice Nicholls said...

Congrats to Di, Kim, Riikka and Carla ..... enjoy your journey on SATW....love all your inspirational creations. xx

Leonie said...

Welcome ladies to the Scrap Around the World team. :)

Michelle Looi said...

Congratulations ladies!

Di Garling said...

Thanks girls so glad to be hear. Cheers Di xo